Projects & Energy
We specialise in M&A, asset and project financing and strategic and regulatory advice in all energy sectors covered by the National Energy Strategy, such as conventional energy, nuclear energy, public lighting, water and waste management, energy efficiency and electro-mobility projects, CHP rehabilitation projects, gas and oil up and down stream projects, electricity and gas transactions on hubs and stock exchanges, state aid issues and the transposition of European legislation and court practice in relation to interconnections, CO2 certificates and all other regulatory matters.
We foster a close relationship with national and European regulators and provide assistance and support in the drafting of relevant sector legislation. In addition, we provide advice on major infrastructure projects such as road and rail constructions.
Our Relevant Experience
- Advised E.ON Group throughout the privatisation process and from a management position, on their mainstream business, conventional energy and co-generation projects, public lighting and electro-mobility and energy efficiency projects.
- Advised the biggest energy producer in Romania, from within management positions, on various regulatory, public procurement and insolvency related issues but also in respect of the preparation of an IPO and bi-lateral negotiations between the Romanian State and the Serbian Government in respect of the hydropower plant Portile de Fier. We successfully advised Hidroelectrica in regulatory related cases against ANRE (the Energy Regulator) regarding the implementation of Romanian and EU Regulations that govern the common market and unrestricted trade.
- Advised Linde AG, a major German liquid gas company, on a gas concession agreement with Romanian authorities, including the negotiation of concession contracts with Romanian officials. We also advised Linde AG in respect of all corporate issues, including the establishment of a liquid gas factory in Romania with a Romanian joint venture partner.
- Advised Wintershall AG, a subsidiary of BASF, on gas related upstream and downstream activities, underground storage and gas pipeline construction projects.
- Advised the Serbian Ministry of Construction, Transport and Infrastructure on comprehensive railway reform (including: the analysis of legislation, proposing more structured and clearly defined rules for PSO contracts, developing the Contract Management Procedure and Plans in compliance with EU regulations etc).
- Advised one of the largest natural gas companies in the world in relation to various regulatory and contractual issues such as Network Code, gas stock exchange rules and gas interconnection issues.
- Advised the subsidiaries of one of the largest natural gas companies in the world on the exit and sale of the majority shareholding held in a Romanian gas distribution and supply company.
- Advised Stratum on various regulatory and contractual issues regarding its upstream and downstream activities related to the concession for exploration/exploitation of gas in Romania, as well as in relation to the possibility of trading the produced gas.
- Advised AIK, a Romanian gas and electricity supplier, on various contractual and regulatory issues, regarding the functioning of the energy exchange, Network Code and interconnection issues.