Ion has over 13 years experience specialising in dispute resolution and intellectual property law.
His extensive expertise covers intellectual property, commercial and insolvency law, administrative contentious disputes, fiscal law, public procurement, FIDIC, real estate and construction law and criminal law.
He has represented major international and local companies in both disputes and arbitrations in industries such as pharmaceuticals, telecoms, insurance, waste and cleaning, IT, music, energy, alcoholic beverages, plastic products, metallurgy, constructions, leisure, energy, real estate, aeronautics and sports.
Ion has also advised and represented clients in intellectual property matters including patent, trademark and design related proceedings (both infringement and cancellation), copyright cases and unfair competition allegations.
Before joining our firm, Ion worked at several other leading law firms in Romania.
Ion graduated from Bucharest University’s Faculty of Law, is a member of the Bucharest Bar and is also a certified patent, trademark and design attorney.
Romanian - English - French
2004 – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
2008 – Romanian Banking Institute
Graduation of Real estate mortgage loan course
Graduate of courses organized by the Romanian Patents and Trademarks Office (patents, trademarks, designs)
- Assisting a top Romanian construction company in pre-contentious matters and litigation regarding FIDIC contractual matters arising from a construction agreement;
- Assisting a major German real estate investor and developer, in front of Bucharest International Commercial Arbitration Court (attached to the Romanian Trade and Industry Chamber) with respect to an arbitration dispute involving construction works;
- Assisting an important foreign investor in criminal cases that involve a massive general banking fraud investigation arising from land properties and credit frauds;
- Assisting one of the most important producers of leather products manufacturers from Europe against Romanian Tax authorities in dispute matters involving transfer pricing with the head company in Germany;
- Assisting a leading insurance company acting in Romania, in disputes having as subject matter recourse in connection with insurance policies unlawful calls regarding public procurement construction agreement;
- Assisting a world leading car rental services company in international contractual consumers related disputes;
- Assisting an important French investor relating to several contractual disputes and enforcement cases;
- Assisting one of the most important professional cleaning and waste management companies in Romania in connection with criminal complaints , contractual claims, shareholders disputes and in a dispute involving the recovery of EUR 1,000,000 after concluding an agreement for non-refundable revenues/funds within the Sectorial Operational Programme for Human Resources Development;
- Assisting the client, the local subsidiary of a global manufacturer of garment hangers and associated products, with over 50 years of experience and a vast range of specialized designed products in a dispute involving the recovery of EUR 150,000 against a contractual partner in a tax-related dispute;
- Assisting a leading construction company acting in Romania, in disputes against a contractual partner arising out of construction agreement;
- Assisting the world's leading supplier of solutions to the international tobacco industry, in connection with a criminal investigation in relation to cyber fraud resulting in EUR 800,000 unauthorised transfer;
- Assisting an important Romanian investment fund, in a shareholders dividends’ dispute with AAAS (State authority assets administration) in connection with a Romanian company;
- Assisting and representing a major international player in a series of reference telecom 4G patent infringement and cancellation cases in Romania (part of a multi-jurisdictional litigation);
- Assisting and representing leading international pharmaceutical manufacturers in patent infringement cases in connection with medicines and generic products;
- Assisted and represented major international clients in patent infringement and patent cancellation cases as well as trademark infringement cases (infringement and damages claims, preliminary injunctions, enforcement procedures) in industries such as telecom, pharma and retail;
- Assisted and represented local and international clients from various industries in connection with the enforcement of their intellectual property rights in Romania (i.e. registration, infringement, cancellation proceedings related to trademarks, designs, as well as unfair competition cases);
- Assisted and represented local and international clients in connection with several cases of copyright and related damages;
- Assisted and represented several clients (creditors and debtors) in insolvency and bankruptcy cases in court and in negotiation procedures, in Creditors’ meetings and in insolvency related claims;
- Assisted and represented international and local clients from various industries in civil and commercial proceedings regarding claims for recovery of debts, contractual liability, construction agreements matters;
- Assisted and represented several clients from different industries in various administrative contentious matters such as cancellation of financial corrections imposed by the authority in connection with the implementation of projects financed by European funds, challenges against tax related administrative deeds, public procurement procedures;
- Assisted and represented clients from different fields in connection with corporate and commercial matters such as cancellation of shareholders’ decisions, corporate representation.