Adrian joined our Corporate/M&A team as a Senior Associate in May 2021.
Prior to joining our team, Adrian has been a Senior Associate within two Big Four affiliated law firms and a Tier 1 international law firm where he was specialised in Corporate/M&A and Commercial law.
Adrian has assisted multinational companies active in a wide range of economic sectors and industries, including financial services, energy, oil & gas, IT and telecom, being actively involved in the most important transactions concluded on the Romanian M&A market, totalling more than 1 billion EUR, as well as in numerous cross-border and domestic reorganisations.
Adrian has also provided numerous legal opinions on general and specific corporate, civil and commercial matters (including on the eligibility for the GEO 114/2018 construction sector tax facilities).
Adrian is fluent in Romanian (native speaker) and English and conversational in Italian.
Adrian is member of the Bucharest Bar and the Romanian Bar Association since 2013.
Romanian - English - Italian
2011 - Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Faculty of Law, West University of Timisoara
- Actively involved in the most important transactions concluded on the Romanian M&A market in the last 3 years, totaling more than 1 billion EUR, for companies/assets in various economic sectors (e.g. banks, IT companies, automotive, pharmaceutical, real estate, energy, fast-moving consumer goods or world leading coatings companies) – drafting the SPA and participating into negotiations, as well as supervising the preparation of the corporate documentation and the fulfillment of the registration formalities;
- Involved in due diligence investigations of Romanian companies or branches/subsidiaries of foreign companies worth in total more than 1 billion EUR, active in different economic sectors (e.g. banks, IT companies, automotive, pharmaceutical, real estate, energy, fast-moving consumer goods or world leading coatings companies) and drafting specific sections of the due diligence reports; involved in final transactions in respect to the scrutinized companies/assets;
- Involved in several national or cross-border merger or spin-off projects of top domestic and international companies, as well as in other restructuring operations (e.g. drafting merger/spin-off project; drafting different corporate documents; review and scrutiny of corporate matters; and submitting the relevant documents with the relevant commercial registry office etc.);
- Scrutiny of the corporate documents and procedures concluded in the last two years by an important oil and gas company in order to observe the compliance with the legal requirements in the context of a criminal prosecution;
- Involved in multiple multimillion EUR debt to equity swaps (e.g. drafting corporate documents; collaborating with the expert accountant and the company’s accountant etc.);
- Advised in the incorporation of a financial investment company (e.g. discussions with the Financial Supervisory Authority; and drafting memorandum on the procedure, the authorizations required, deadlines, costs etc.);
- Preparing analysis/legal opinions/memorandums on a daily basis regarding various corporate and other legal matters (including, mixt analysis together with tax advisors) for companies activating in all economic sectors (including, cement and aggregates producers, real estate developers or worldwide sports equipment producers and/or distributors), as well as to public authorities and institutions;
- Prepared analysis on the applicability of the incentives in the construction sector provided by GEO no. 114/2018 and GEO no. 43/2019 for most of the companies who conduct activities related to the respective sector, including regarding the possibilities to restructure the respective companies activities in order to be eligible for such incentives and implementation of several such reorganisations;
- Incorporation of local foundations for multinational companies, including preparation of internal policies and regulations;
- Provided legal advisory services related to general/specific corporate aspects, ranging from incorporation and authorization of all types of entities (including branches and representative offices), to drafting different corporative documents – meetings’ convening, resolutions, decisions, corporate approvals, power of attorneys, constitutive acts etc. Furthermore, carrying out different procedures with the relevant commercial registry office related thereto (assignment of shares; exclusion/withdrawal of shareholders; extending/limiting the powers given to the directors; spin-offs etc.).