Alina joined our team in June 2020, as a Senior Associate in our Real Estate and Construction Groups.
An expert in the areas of construction and real estate investments, Alina trained and then moved up to the Senior Associate position at one of the oldest and most reputed Romanian law firms, over the course of 9 years, before joining Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law.
Her experience ranges from acting on complex acquisitions, including in relation to title insurance matters, to advising in relation to contractor agreements and solving permitting related problems.
Alina is extremely proactive and has an in-depth knowledge of business affairs, usually bringing her practical approach to identify and solve legal problems related to real estate matters with a focused on industries such as agricultural, energy, automotive and technology. She is well known for her ability to work with both national and international clients, lawyers and international funds in order to meet their strategic needs. A performance driven, Alina adds substantial value to the Real Estate projects she regularly deals with.
Moreover, she has participated to the preparation of a series of specialized studies conducted by the World Bank in areas such as Construction and Permitting in Romania, Public Procurement in Romania and the Agriculture Business in Romania.
Alina has been a member of the Bucharest Bar and the Romanian Bar Association since 2011.
Romanian - English
2012 – Master in Judicial Career (LL.M.)
Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
2010 – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- Advised a major investment fund, in connection to the acquisition process of a renowned pharmaceutical group by an international pharmacies chain.
- Advised one of the European leaders in automotive equipment, in connection with the expansion of its business in Eastern Europe and development of a new facility in Romania located between Pitesti and Mioveni.
- Advised a leading real estate developer, in the context of development of a residential project for obtaining the necessary financing and to secure its ownership title by way of concluding a title insurance policy, with a renowned international insurance company.
- Advised a major real estate developer and investor in respect of a residential development.
- Advised a global leader in management consulting, technology services and outsourcing, in connection with the acquisition of a leading pan-European provider of energy management and services.
- Advised a leading German retailer with respect to various legal matters in connection with real estate acquisitions in Romania during its expansion process.
- Advised a global healthcare company, in connection with the spinoff of its BioScience business and its Medical Products business in two separate and independent global healthcare companies.
- Advised a leading German company in the packaging industry in relation to the acquisition of two Romanian companies specialized in producing duplex and triplex cardboard packaging, micro-corrugated cardboard and labels.
- Advised a leading independent private equity investment company in connection with the acquisition of 70% interest in a leading Spanish construction company, and with the indirect acquisition of the latter’s subsidiaries.
- Advised a leading global healthcare company in connection with the assets transfer and restructuring the group’s business worldwide (including Romania), namely the separation and transfer to an US pharmaceuticals company of the Products Division business.
- Advised a leading international player manufacturing and distributing a diverse range of products servicing the breadth of construction needs, in relation to the acquisition of all assets and companies of Lafarge in Romania.
- Advised a German multinational automotive corporation in reviewing and amending various agreements concluded by the Romanian subsidiaries of the company.
- Advised the largest Italian energy producer, in connection with the envisaged transfer of its interests held in a number of Romanian companies, the major electricity distribution companies in Romania.
- Advised the renowned bank in Korea in connection with various legal issues pertaining to financing five photovoltaic projects located in three different regions of Romania, including an assessment on complex legal issues in the real estate field.
- Advised a publicly traded American multinational agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation, in relation to the major restructuring process of its Group subsidiaries.
- Advised a relevant consortium in connection with the initial public offering (IPO) for the purposes of the sale of 105% of the major state-owned energy provider, under the coordination of the Ministry of Economy through the Department for Energy.
- Acted as judicial receiver for one of the leading coal-fired electricity power producers in Romania, in order to prepare and implement the voluntary restructuring plan, considering that an investor will take over the company’s business, licences, assets and employees in order to continue the power plants’ activity.
- Advised the largest Italian energy producer in the process of evaluating the status of over 350 land plots used by its subsidiaries and the title related to these lands, as well as for assessing on the compliance with the obligations undertaken through the privatization agreements concluded in 2004 with the principal Romanian energy provider.
- Advised the Romanian subsidiary of an important energy company engaged in the exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas in selected areas of the world, in connection with multiple agricultural land acquisitions in the Black Sea region, meant to support its drilling activity in the area.
- Advised a leading company owning and operating agricultural land in Central and Eastern Europe, with respect to its acquisitions of various agricultural lands in Romania.
- Advised the world leader in the construction and maintenance of infrastructure for transport, urban development and recreational facilities, with regard to renegotiating two FIDIC agreements concluded with the Romanian National Company for Motorways and National Roads.
- Advised a strategic German investor, in connection with the acquisitions of all the assets owned by three Romanian companies (the largest railway wagon producers in Romania) undergoing judicial reorganization.