Ana Maria Nacea joined Stratulat Albulescu team in June 2020 as a Senior Associate in the Real Estate Group.
Before joining Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law, over an aggregate of 9 years, Ana practiced with the Bucharest office of one of the largest international law firms and, prior to that, with one of the largest Romanian firms.
She is well known for her expertise in assisting real estate occupiers, both for landlords and tenants, on agricultural property matters and on real estate transactions and developments in office, retail and logistics projects. Additionally, Ana has been regarded as an innovative thinker when it comes to structuring deals and approach complex issues in legal due diligences.
Besides her role as an advisor in pure real estate matters, Ana has been involved in construction related pre-arbitration and arbitration proceedings following the International Construction Arbitration method.
Ana holds some impressive educational credentials. In addition to her Bachelor Degree in Law and a LLM in International Arbitration, Ana also holds a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, with a particular interest in the applicability of psychological techniques in the legal field.
Ana is fluent in Romanian, English and French and has a good grasp of Spanish.
Romanian - English - French - Spanish
2014 - Master in International Arbitration (LL.M.)
Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
2011 - Bachelor of Psychology (LL.B.)
Faculty of Psychology, Titu Maiorescu University
2010 - Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- Assisting an international bank in the financing process with EUR 23 million granted for the expansion of an existing mall in Bucharest-conducting the due diligence process, extensive title/permitting/urbanism investigations.
- Advising an international property developer in the sell process of an office building located in Bucharest (over 20,000 sq.m. GLA), conducting the due diligence process of the property.
- Assistance in an international share-deal project that implied several jurisdictions, preparing the due diligence report for the Romanian assets ( over 50 locations in Romania).
- Assistance in an international asset-deal project, that implied the acquisition of several large factories in Europe (including in Romania). Preparing the sale-purchase agreement for the Romanian assets, in accordance with the specificities of the framework-agreement that was governed by German law.
- Assistance in the negotiation and conclusion of a lease agreement, with construction clauses concluded with an important foreign-owned private hospital in Romania, concluded for an extensive term.
- Assistance in an international share-deal project, that implied assets in multiple East-European countries, preparing the vendor due-diligence report regarding the Romanian real estate assets/analysis of multiple lease agreements on office/showrooms/warehouses.
- Assisting one of the largest European real estate investment funds in all development phases of 12 (twelve) commercial real estate investment projects in Romania, comprising: large retail projects, office buildings, logistic and residential projects, or mixed-used projects. Conducting complex due diligence analysis, drafting the transaction documents in the acquisition of multiple properties throughout Romania and assistance in the negotiation and conclusion of commercial lease agreements.
- Assisting a Romanian investment fund on the acquisition process of an office building having a value of over EUR 160 million, conducting the due diligence process with a high focus on the multiple existing lease agreements.
- Advising the largest Romanian infrastructure company on several pre(arbitration) disputes raised out of various construction agreements (FIDIC, non-FIDIC) with a total value exceeding EUR 100 million, drafting complex legal opinions in the pre-arbitral proceedings (DAB).
- Assisting a large French construction company on a complex arbitration process before ICC regarding a dispute issued under a construction agreement in a complex wind farm project located in Romania.