Anca is an outstanding senior lawyer with over 10 years expertise and experience in employment law.
She began her career at a leading domestic law firm and has continued to develop her career in the area of employment law. Her exceptional skills include advising clients on general employment issues, drafting and implementing complex individual employment contracts, the termination of individual top management employment agreements, disciplinary investigations of top-management, the related formalities and procedures for the transfer of employees under TUPE, negotiations with trade unions, strike control strategies, drafting and negotiating collective bargaining agreements, implementing and reviewing performance remuneration schemes and professional evaluation policies, as well as advising on the settlement of various labour disputes with trade unions.
Anca has assisted leading national and international companies in preparing and enforcing internal regulations, ethics codes and with the implementation of health and safety standards.
She has advised clients in labour safety accidents where severe injuries have occured, labour related litigations and in investigations by the labour control authorities.
Anca has organised training sessions on employment and sensitive issues, such as confidentiality and applicable employment regulations, for various companies’ management and employees.
She is experienced in corporate and commercial law, including commercial arbitration, having advised on a wide range of complex corporate and commercial matters. She has advised clients on the preparation and implementation of shareholders’ agreements, shareholders’rights to information, the abuse of shareholder majority, various statutory modifications (share capital increases, share assignments and appointments and revocation of directors and management members). She also has expertise in drafting and negotiating arbitration clauses, as well as assisting with international arbitration procedures, including the preparation of the relevant statements of claim.
When advising clients, Anca seeks first to understand the business needs in relation to the ever-changing Romanian legal framework and its case law, before directing her focus to delivering the most pertinent information and advice to proactively assist and benefit her clients with their decision making.
Anca is a member of European Employment Lawyers Association.
Romanian - English - Italian
2018 – Masters in International Commercial Arbitration (English) (L.L.M.)
Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
2017 – Köln International Commercial Arbitration Academy
2007 – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- Assisting a local Romanian company, with over 25 years in the IT solutions market for the retail and food industry, in relation to the settlement of a dispute with a top level manager, including the negotiation of terms for termination of the employment.
- Advising the Romanian subsidiary of a US company in the global healthcare market on restructuring the position of a senior member of the sales team and the related options from a legal perspective.
- Acting for the local leader in the wellness industry, with over 300 employees and service providers, on multi-prior disciplinary investigations and the disciplinary procedure for several employees.
- Advising a major Italian company, in the certification and authorissation industry, in connection with performance remuneration schemes, non-discrimination issues in respect of remuneration and with the implementation of a salary increase plan resulting from the legislative changes on social contributions due from employees.
- Advising one of the largest publicly traded international oil and gas companies, on the legal framework, at national and European level, for employees performing exploitation, development and exploration activities of natural maritime resources.
- Advising a worldwide IT software development company on various legal issues, including assisting during an investigation of disciplinary multi-infringements perpetrated by a top-level management employee, assessing disciplinary infringements and assisting during various disciplinary investigations. Anca also advised on the transfer of employees under TUPE, the negotiations and conclusion of the collective bargaining agreement, the professional evaluation of employees, the termination of employment, the taxation criteria for software employees, the implementation of on-call assistance through the use of home-based temporary workers hired through temporary work agents and immigration matters regarding obtaining work permits for several employees.
- Coordinating the employee related elements of a due-diligence exercise for a Chinese private equity fund related to the acquisition of a stake in a US-based OEM manufacturer of passive safety systems for the automotive industry (airbags, seatbelts) and with approximately 1,000 employees working in its local subsidiary.
- Coordinating the employment and health and safety due diligence affecting approximately 6,000 hires for the Ministry of Telecommunications in relation to the public offering of the share capital of one of the major companies in the telecoms industry and its subsidiaries.
- Advising one of the largest power companies in connection with its health and safety obligations under a tender procedure and in relation to the implementation in tranches of collective dismissals targeting approximately 1,500employees.
- Assisting a well-known fast-food chain in connection with the termination of the employment agreement of a top-level management employee.
- Assisting an American mass media company, operating documentary television networks, in connection with the sensitive termination of the employment agreement of a top-level management employee.
- Assisting an important local company, in the real estate and trade industry, on a broad range of employment issues including re-organisation of the activity and dismissal of personnel, changing and improving the management structure, conducting due diligence to identify potential issues related to employment and labour safety, advising on the transfer of employees in accordance with TUPE, representing the client before the labour authorities during labour inspections and assisting in respect of claims from former employees, including former top management employees.
- Advising the Romanian subsidiary of a global, broad-based health care company, on the requirements and legal procedures for the transfer of approximately 200 employees, assisting in termination of the individual employment agreements of top management employees and immigration related employment issues.
- Acting for the Romanian subsidiary of a leading French cosmetics company on various immigration and employment matters, including the right to residence of directors and of the company’s foreign employees, representing the client in front of the Romanian Immigration Office and other authorities to obtain the relevant immigration documents, assisting with the termination of individual employment agreements at top-management and executive level, amending and updating internal regulations and ethics codes, conducting an extensive review of individual employment agreements, intellectual property clauses and confidentiality clauses, implementating salary increases and advising on employees’ requests to return from parental leave.
II. Corporate, commercial and arbitration:
- Assisting a Romanian automotive dealer in an ICC arbitration case in Paris in respect of a EUR 3,500,000 claim arising from a distribution agreement for tractors and spare parts concluded with an Italian company, and also involving third-party arbitration claims.
- Assisting a Romanian state-owned company in an ICC arbitration case in Paris in respect of a EUR multi-million claim for the non-fulfilment by the contractor of an agreement for the carrying out of complex refurbishing works.
- Assisting the local subsidiary of a German chain of retail stores, a company with over 500 employees in Romania, with the conclusion of mandate agreements with top-level management and with the negotiation, conclusion, execution and performance of various agreements, including leases, distribution and novation agreements as well as the termination of employment of top-level management.
- Advising the Romanian subsidiary of an international oil company, party to an oil concession agreement based on which gas exploration expenditure reached EUR 12 million, on the legal effects of a seisure resulting from a criminal finding on the rights arising from the concession agreement, on the contractual arrangements between the parties and on any possible transfer of the participation interest in the concession agreement. Also advising on a serious incident that occurred at an exploration well, including the responsibility of the contractor under the contract and based on the history of well operations.
- Advising a dynamic Romanian general contractor in the real estate industry regarding an inter-company transfer of assets and the off-setting of liabilities amounting to approximately EUR 900,000.
- Advising the Romanian subsidiary of one of Europe’s largest fibre optic network owners on various day-to-day corporate matters, including a share capital increase involving a EUR 3,000,0000 inter-company debt to equity swap.