Cristina is a Partner in the Corporate/M&A practice area. She advises foreign and domestic clients on a wide range of matters related to the development of their business in Romania. Cristina has a creative approach and solution-oriented thinking and has assisted clients active in various industries, with a focus on the technology sector.
Cristina has gained significant experience working on sophisticated projects, and coordinating all phases of transactions, starting with outlining the deal structure, performing and coordinating due diligence analysis, as well as structuring, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, undertaking completion actions and conducting post-closing monitoring.
Given the fast-growing IT&C sector in Romania, Cristina has taken significant interest in transactional work in this sector. Working with market-leading companies producing some of the most cutting-edge technology in the world, Cristina’s client base ranges from tech multinationals, rapidly expanding international companies (Brillio, Glory Ltd.), investment funds (Gapminder VC fund, Resource Partners, The Rohatyn Group, Corporate Finance House), start-ups (CODA Intelligence, Beez, Xvision, Ialoc) and their founders (Pitech, Froala), to users of tech services.
Cristina has advised on a wide array of transaction types, focusing on private equity investment deals, mergers, buy-outs and exit type of deals.
According to Legal 500 - 2018 Edition, Cristina’s work has been praised by our clients, and she has been recognized for her pragmatic approach, as well as for her “tremendous work ethic and knowledge”.
Cristina has gained significant expertise in the capital markets sector, as part of the team which represented the Romanian national gas company in relation to the dual listing on the Bucharest Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange (by means of GDRs), the largest listing on the public market in Romania to date.
Romanian - English - Hungarian - French - Spanish
2010 - Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
- Advised gaming start-up Machinations.io on a 3.3 million USD Series A Financing.
- Advised Cyscale software developer on a 3M EUR Seed funding round.
- Advised Catalyst Romania Fund II on its investment in the EUR 2M equity funding round of EdTech platform Adservio.
- Advised Resource Partners on the sale of World Class, the undisputed leader of the fitness industry in Romania, to African Industries Group.
- Advised PayPoint, one of the main payment operators in Romania, on the acquisition of the majority shareholding in PTP Online, the developer of the 24Pay app.
- Advised the online recruitment platoform Undelucram.ro on the 340,000 EUR Seed Funding Round, led by GapMinder and Seedblink.
- Advised XVision on an 1M EUR Seed Funding Round.
- Advised Catalyst Romania Fund II on their participation as lead investor in the Series A funding round of Code of Talent.
- Advised Catalyst Romania Fund II on their participation as lead investor in the EUR 3M Series A funding round of SeedBlink.
- Advised QeOPS and its shareholders on their partial exit towards Cargus.
- Advised Avira on the acquisition of the award-winning cybersecurity BullGuard.
- Advised ThoughtWorks on the acquisition of Romanian software developer Gemini Solutions.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on its investment in Druid AI-driven chatbots.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on a follow on investment in Romanian self-improvement start-up Deepstash.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners and DayOne Capital on their USD 1.5 million joint investment in AI driven start-up Soleadify.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on its investment in Cartloop, an innovative eCommerce startup.
- Advised Brillio on the acquisition of Cognetik, a data and insights company.
- Advised CODA Intelligence on an 800,000 EUR Seed Funding Round, led by Early Game Ventures and Roca X.
- Advised Beez on an 1.2 million EUR Seed Funding Round, led by GapMinder and Roca X.
- Advised Glory Global Solutions (International) Ltd on its investment in Acrelec Group SAS.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on its investment in the USD 7M Series A funding round of Typing DNA.
- Advised The Rohatyn Group (TRG) on the investment in Amethyst Radiotherapy Limited.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on the investment in Frisbo Efulfillment S.R.L.
- Advised Amphenol on the acquisition process of the Romanian subsidiaries of GJM.
- Advised Morphosis Capital on its investment with DocProcess S.R.L.
- Advised PitechPlus and its founder on the sale of the majority stake to Webhelp SAS.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on the EUR 650,000 investment in MEDIjobs.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on the EUR 600k investment in FintechOS.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on the investment in SmartDreamers.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on the incorporation and structuring of the management company.
- Advised the leading global B2B hotel provider regarding a multijurisdictional acquisition of a major European online booking agency.
- Advised the founders of tech start-up Froala, the distributor of the successful web editor WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get), on their exit to US based software company Idera, Inc.
- Advised the German group Wirecard on their 40M Eur acquisition of Provus group of companies.
- Advised EDS Romania - part of Euro-Druckservice Group - on the acquisition of the heat-set printing business “as a going concern” of Mega Press Holdings SA.
- Advised Teads on the acquisition of Brainient.