Manuela joined our SAA team as Managing Associate in the Real Estate department, adding an impressive perspective and a diverse approach to our firm. Her notable career kick-started at a local boutique law firm where she developed a vast array of skills serving mostly in Real Estate and Construction. She also worked for 4 years as an in-house counsellor at a local real estate developer (residential and office).
In her 12 years of experience, Manuela advised local and international clients, predominantly in the Real Estate and Constructions areas. Her clients included foreign investors entering the Romanian market and evolving into key players in their respective sectors. Her expertise encompassed diverse projects, ranging from the acquisition/sale of real estate assets and continuing with the development of real estate projects (especially in the logistic area), to green energy (photovoltaic and wind parks).
In addition to her strong professional background, Manuela also represented clients in court, on Real Estate matters related to restitution claims in terms of Law 18/1991 and Law 10/2001, as well as on Construction matters (such as town planning and cancellation of building permits).
Manuela has been a member of the Bucharest Bar and the Romanian Bar Association since 2009.
Romanian - English
2008 – Master in Business Law (LL.M.)
Accounting and Management Information Systems, Bucharest University of Economic Studies
2003 – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Faculty of Law, Alexandru Ioan Cuza, University of Iasi
- Advised, as in house counsellor, a local developer on one of the first major sales of an office building in Bucharest.
- Advised a foreign investor in respect of the due diligence analysis and acquisitions of several land plots for the development of residential projects in Moldova.
- Advised one of the largest logistic investors in Central and Eastern Europe on its entry into the Romanian market, as well as on their first land acquisition.
- Advised a private investor in terms of the due diligence analysis and the required contracts related to the development of several photovoltaic and wind parks in the south and south-east of Romania.
- Advised a local construction company in terms of an extensive due diligence analysis related to real estate assets, part of a business transfer on the constructions materials market (manufacture of cement).
- Advised a foreign company in terms of a complete due diligence for the acquisition of several assets (including real estate assets) from a Romanian company, leader in the manufacture of foams and flexibles for automotive and packaging fields
- Advised a foreign industrial developer on the acquisition of the first land plots in Romania and on the development of the project dedicated to the final client (Build to Suit).
- Advised various real estate developers, on a regular basis, on the leasing of logistic, office and retail spaces.
- Advised and represented a real estate developer on the annulment of a Local City Council decision for approving a PUD (Detailed Urban Plan) and further on the cancellation of the building permit for a residential project in the Northern part of Bucharest.
- Advised and represented the heir of a family who was considered founder of the modern banking system in Romania, on the restitution of a real estate asset, part of the family’s patrimony.
- Advised and represented a group of clients on the cancellation of a building permit for the construction of a residential building in the center of Bucharest, located in a protected area.