Mergers & Acquisitions
We offer every aspect of legal advice for parties contemplating a merger or an acquisition. Our extensive experience includes share sale and purchase agreements, asset acquisition or transfer of business agreements. We provide advice and legal services during each stage of a project, from the conduct of legal due diligence reports to the structuring, the required documentation and the drafting and negotiation of all relevant aspects of the transaction.
We are by our clients’ side every step of the way from company formation, organisation and operation to mergers, acquisitions and takeovers. We are trusted partners, perfectly equipped to deal with any challenges that may arise during the process. Clients can safely rely on us to protect their best interests and to ensure things happen quickly and efficiently.
We are constantly assessing risks and carefully evaluating each and every situation to achieve the maximum benefit for our clients. We are experts in designing and delivering transactions that work for all parties and ensuring completion is achieved as quickly as possible.
Our core strengths include a comprehensive understanding of, and practical approach to, legal concepts combined with an in-depth knowledge of the Romanian business environment and the rapid economic developments in the country. Our understanding of business and the involved industry sectors allows us to offer legal advice specifically tailored to your business. We are proud of our partner-led service, which we can fine-tune to even the most specialised needs of our clients, and which is perfectly supported by the personalised care and attention we give to each project we undertake.
Our dedicated team of M&A specialised lawyers constantly advises on a wide range of legal matters in relation to private equity and strategic transactions, including regulatory and compliance matters. We also provide legal assistance to venture capital investment funds on fund formation and investment management.
We are committed to delivering outstanding, efficient and business oriented legal advice, support and solutions. We focus on providing commercially astute and relevant advice to our clients within a supportive, open and transparent relationship designed to ensure our client's success.
Depending on the complexity and size of each transaction, our specialised lawyers from every discipline including Corporate and Commercial, Banking and Finance, Competition, Property (Real Estate), Employment, Intellectual Property, Projects and Energy and other practice areas within our firm, work collaboratively to develop integrated legal solutions that achieve the best outcome for our clients.
Our Relevant Experience
- Advising CalCon Group, a software development and consulting group that offers a wide range of services for the European real estate market, in the sale of the majority stake to Aareon.
- Advising World Class Romania, the leader in the Health & Fitness industry in Romania, on the successful acquisition of Planet Swim & Gym.
- Acting as co-counsel for Atlas Copco on the acquisition of the Scheugenpflug Group („Scheugenpflug”), one of the leading manufacturers of adhesive bonding, dispensing and potting systems for synthetic resins and thermally conductive pastes.
- Acting as co-counsel for The Rohatyn Group on the investment in Amethyst Radiotherapy Limited, resulting in the former gaining co-control of the Company alongside the two co-founders.
- Advising GapMinder, a VC Fund financed via Competitiveness Operational Programme 2014 – 2020 and co-financed by the European Fund for Regional Development, on its investment in Frisbo.
- Advising Titluri Quality S.R.L. in relation to the acquisition of all the publishing activities of “Gandul”, “Apropo”, “Ce se intampla doctore” (CSID), “Descopera” and “Go4IT” from Mediafax.
- Advising PitechPlus, a consulting group that offers a wide range of services that cover IT&C software development and business know-how, on the sale of the majority stake held by its founder, Bogdan Herea-Buzatu, to Webhelp SAS.
- Advising Amphenol with the proposed acquisition of the majority stake in GJM automotive components business (an international group present in Romania with two production facilities).
- Advising GapMinder, a VC Fund financed via Competitiveness Operational Programme 2014 – 2020 and co-financed by the European Fund for Regional Development, on its investment in MEDIJobs.
- Advising Morphosis Capital, a relatively newly established private equity fund focused on growth capital investments in Romanian Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), on its proposed investment with DocProcess S.R.L.
- Advising David Canta, the managing director and shareholder of the Romanian arm of Avison Young, on the acquisition of Facilitec Services SRL, a reputed boutique facility & property management company, part of the Spanish group Mantor.
- Advising GapMinder, a VC Fund financed via Competitiveness Operational Programme 2014 – 2020 and co-financed by the European Fund for Regional Development, on its investment in Fintech OS.
- Advising GapMinder, a VC Fund financed via Competitiveness Operational Programme 2014 – 2020 and co-financed by the European Fund for Regional Development, on the investment in SmartDreamers.
- Advising GapMinder, a VC Fund financed via Competitiveness Operational Programme 2014 – 2020 and co-financed by the European Fund for Regional Development, on the investment in Typing DNA.
- Advising EDS Romania (part of the Euro-Druckservice Group, a leading provider in the printing services sector in Central and Eastern Europe and controlled by DPE Deutsche Private Equity Management III GmbH) on the acquisition of the heat-set printing business “as a going concern” from Mega Press and Editura Aramis, one of its main competitors in the Romanian market.
- Advising First Property Group PLC, a property fund manager and investor with operations in the UK, Poland and Romania, on the acquisition of the “MAESTRO BUSINESS CENTER” Office Building located in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- Advising Teads, a UK-based ad-tech company that creates outstream video advertising, on the acquisition of Brainient, one of the most successful Romanian start-ups that provides tools to create engaging and interactive video deliverable across a range of devices.
- Advising the German group Wirecard on their EUR 40M acquisition of the Provus group of companies, Romania’s leading payment processing and technology services provider.
- Advising the private equity fund, Vitruvian Partners LLP and its investment company, JacTravel Group Ltd., the global leading B2B hotel services supplier, on their add-on acquisition of TotalStay Group, a large European online hotel-booking agency.
- Advising a group of private Swiss investors on the acquisition of an 83% stake in Capital Financial Services S.A., a major Romanian company specialising in the issue of e-money.
- Advising Vinarte S.A., one of the top Romanian wine producers, on the sale of business assets related to its three wine domains located in Zoresti, Samburesti and Starmina, to Neo Bacchus, a company which is part of the Chinese Group, Red Gate.
- Advising World Class International and its Management Team in connection with an MBO whereby an investment fund, under the management of the Polish private equity fund Resource Partners, acquired a controlling stake in World Class Romania, the largest and leading fitness services provider in Romania.
- Advising World Class Romania on the acquisition of several renowned fitness clubs around Romania including the Club Moving network, Pure Fitness Jatomi, StayFit, etc.
- Advising the founders of the tech start-up Froala, the creator of the successful web editor WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) on an estimated multi-million US$ sale to the globally known US software company Idera, Inc., of all the shares held by the founders in Froala.
- Advising a private equity fund on the EUR 80M acquisition of a prominent office building in Bucharest.