A professional litigator with over 7 years of experience in civil, commercial and administrative disputes, Mihai joined Stratulat Albulescu team in June 2020 as a Senior Associate.
Mihai started his career at one of the oldest and most reputed Romanian law firms, where he grew for more than 7 years prior to joining Stratulat Albulescu. A highly assertive and efficient team member, he is able to independently manage complex litigations from start to finish.
He has represented both multinational enterprises and domestic companies in a wide array of disputes, ranging from commercial to tax and administrative or even bankruptcy. Mihai's substantial experience in various domains, such as real estate, construction, banking, energy and public utilities, has allowed him to hone his legal knowledge and expertise and led him toward a diplomatic solution-seeking approach, to the benefit of the clients.
From an academic perspective, Mihai graduated from the Faculty of Law in Timisoara (West University) and took two Masters, one in Business Law at University of Bucharest (2013) and one in International Commercial Arbitration at Stockholm University (2016).
Mihai has been a member of the Bucharest Bar and the Romanian Bar Association since 2013.
Romanian - English - French
2016 - Master in International Arbitration Law
2013 - Master in Business Law (LL.M.)
Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
2012 - Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Faculty of Law, West University of Timisoara
- Advising several insurance companies in commercial disputes deriving from navigation and road transportation incidents;
- Advising a local bank in a series of litigations regarding the alleged abusive nature the clauses in its loan agreements as well as challenges against the enforcement;
- Advising an important Romanian insurance company in a series of disputes against the administrative guarantee fund following the bankruptcy of a large insurance company;
- Advising a major energy provider in various disputes deriving from commercial agreements with its clients, including several insolvency procedures;
- Advising a major Romanian stock-market investment fund, in a complex corporate dispute with a group of minority shareholders of a company from its portfolio. I have assisted the client in several administrative disputes against the market regulatory authority;
- Advising the local subsidiary of a European logistics company in a tax litigation looking to annul a tax decision;
- Advising a major European shipbuilder in a litigation regarding the public tender organized by the Defense Ministry for the purchase of military corvettes, with a value of approximately EUR 1,6 billion;
- Advising the finance regulatory authority, in an administrative litigation initiated by an insurance company, in relation to the withdrawal of the company’s license and declaring insolvency;
- Advising an important commercial center, in a series of tax disputes against tax authorities deriving from the issuance of tax decisions of approximately RON 10 million for the company;
- Advising an independent state enterprise responsible for the administration of navigable riverways, regarding a domestic proceeding for the challenge of an arbitral award issued by the International Chamber of Commerce Paris (ICC);
- Advising a rail works manufacturer in an international arbitration with claims in excess of EUR 60 million before the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC);
- Advising several clients – private individuals – in relation to investment arbitration (ISDS) proceedings against state entities;
- Advising a few clients - private individuals - in filling applications before the European Court of Human Rights;
- Advising an important local construction company, before the European Court of Justice, in a preliminary ruling procedure initiated by the company regarding the interpretation of EU law pertaining to public tenders;
- Advising an European online retailer, in a complex tax litigation regarding VAT issues, in its successful attempt to initiate a preliminary ruling from the European Court of Justice;
- Advising domestic construction companies, in an ICC arbitration against the main entrepreneur, in relation to a public tender for the design and execution of the Cluj East ring road;
- Advising other notable cases include assistance and representation of various clients in disputes against the Romanian Court of Accounts.