Octav is a Counsel in the Corporate/M&A practice area. He has extensive experience in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate, commercial and insolvency. Octav was also involved in high profile capital markets projects, public procurement matters and litigation cases (including court representation).
In his M&A/corporate activities, Octav has been involved in complex transactions acting on both the buy-side and sell-side and has significant experience in share deals, asset deals, corporate reorganizations and joint ventures.
With particular emphasis on the Retail, Technology, Automotive and Energy sectors, Octav worked with a wide range of corporate clients, investment banks, private equity firms and entrepreneurs on multiple aspects of their projects, including structuring transactions, due diligence review, drafting and negotiating transaction documentation, representation in front of authorities and other parties, closing and post-closing implementation.
Octav is a member of the Bucharest Bar since 2008. Before joining our firm, Octav was a lawyer with leading international law firms for more than 10 years, including as a Counsel in Dentons’ Corporate/M&A department.
Romanian - English
2015 – PhD degree in Law
King’s College London School of Law, United Kingdom
2008 – Master in International Law (LL.M.)
University of Vienna School of Law, Austria
2007 – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Faculty of Law, University of Iasi, Romania
- Advising one of the top 10 largest private companies in China on its acquisition of a majority stake in one of Romania’s largest oil companies, with shares listed on the Bucharest Stock Exchange.
- Advising a leading international private equity firm on the Romanian law aspects related to the acquisition of a global margarine and spreads business (with a global deal value of approx. US$ 8 billion).
- Advising a leading gas company in connection with two acquisitions of wind power parks in Romania by way of share deals.
- Advising a Romanian listed company with respect to a tender offer to purchase for cash up to 640,000,000 ordinary shares, in the form of shares and global depositary receipts (GDRs) representing such shares. The tender offer was carried out simultaneously on the Bucharest Stock Exchange (for shares) and the London Stock Exchange (for GDRs) and had a deal value of approx. € 130 million.
- Advising a global corporation involved in infrastructure and development related services in connection with a re-organization implemented simultaneously in Romania, Bulgaria, Moldova and Serbia.
- Advising a multinational entertainment and record label conglomerate on its proposed acquisition of a top Romanian company involved in music production and recording.
- Advising a top real estate fund on its acquisition of a class A office building with an area of approx. 9,000 sqm. in Bucharest.
- Advising a global company of industrial and automotive lubricants and oils on the negotiation and execution of a long term, multi-million Euro supply and service contract for a production facility located in Romania.
- Advising one of the largest US companies on its acquisition of shares in several renewable energy projects in Romania, as well as on its subsequent exit from those projects.
- Advising a Romanian leasing company on the successful sale of part of its leasing business (leasing of cars, equipment and real estate) as part of its strategy to re-organise its activities in several European countries.
- Advising a Fortune 100 company with respect to several projects in Romania, including the successful recovery of a multi-million receivable from one of its partners during insolvency proceedings.
- Advising one of the world's largest oil field service companies on the proposed acquisition of a Romanian company in the oil drilling industry through a business transfer.