Stratulat – Albulescu Attorneys at Law is a young and dynamic Romanian law firm, providing legal advice in all business sectors and in all areas of Business Law and Dispute Resolution in Romania.
We are committed to ensuring that we process the personal data belonging to our website’s visitors and the recipients of our legal alerts and newsletters, as well as our collaborators, in accordance with the applicable data privacy laws.
According to the data privacy legislation, personal data represents any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is the person that may be identified directly or indirectly.
2. Personal data we process
2.1 The personal data you provide us by filling in the contact form
- Name, surname and job title;
- Contact information respectively e-mail address and telephone number;
2.2 Details regarding your attendance to our events:
- Name, surname and job title;
- Contact information respectively e-mail address, telephone number and professional address;
Also, although we cannot list the entirety of the personal data we process, given the nature of our work, please keep in mind that each time we process personal data, such processing shall be based one or more of the legal bases provided by the applicable law, in full compliance with the lawfulness of the processing of personal data.
3.1. What are cookies
When you visit our website a small amount of data known as a “cookie” is stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies include information concerning, for example, the type of web-browser you are using.
3.2. What cookies we use and why
The SAA website uses session cookies that detect language and that they remain on the user’s computer until the internet browser is closed.
3.3. How you can change your options on the usage of cookies
You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies, to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit, or to delete cookies. For more information on how to change your browser settings regarding cookies usage and how to block them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please keep in mind that, if you stop accepting cookies, the website functionality will be diminished.
4. Use of information
We process the personal data collected for the following purposes:
- to monitor the traffic and improve the content of our website;
- to maintain and develop our relationship with you;
- to communicate with you about your requests;
- to provide you our specialized newsletters on relevant developments in legislation, case law and authorities’ practice;
We process your personal data only for the purposes mentioned above and limited in time to the required period of time for each specific purpose. Your personal data is usually processed for a period of maximum 3 years from the collection date. If you have provided us with your personal data based on your freely given consent, your personal data will be stored until this consent is withdrawn.
Employees, contractors and agents of Stratulat - Albulescu have access to any personal data which we collect, but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties and in line with the purpose of processing. Our employees, contractors and agents who have access to your personal data are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than to enable you to use the website or to provide services specific to the activity carried out by Stratulat - Albulescu.
Stratulat – Albulescu displays links to third party websites. The law firm cannot control or be held liable for the privacy policies and content of any third parties. We advise you to read their privacy policies to learn how they collect and process your personal data.
6. Sharing and disclosure
Pursuant to this policy, please be informed that the law firm discloses your personal data. Also, please be informed that your personal data is transferred to third parties, namely: courier companies, health and safety services companies and companies that have as their scope of business the creation of personalized advertising materials, located on the territory of Romania.
We want to inform you that your data will not be transferred to entities that do not benefit from adequate safeguards with respect to personal data protection.
If your personal data is processed on the basis of your valid consent, you may at any time withdraw your consent for the future use, storage, distribution or disclosure of your personal data. However, please note that the withdrawal of your consent will only have effect for the subsequent processing of your personal data and will not affect the legality of the processing already performed.
7. Your rights
In accordance with the applicable legal provisions with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, Stratulat – Albulescu undertakes to respect the rights of the data subject.
You have the following rights with regard to the processing of your personal data:
- the right to be informed: you have the right to be informed on all matters relating to the processing of your personal data, including, in particular, information on: the contact details of the controller, the purposes for which the personal data are processed and the legal basis of the processing, legitimate interest, recipients or categories of recipients of personal data, the storage period of personal data, the rights that the data subject has in relation to the processing of personal data;
- the right to access your personal data - you may request the confirmation that your personal data is processed or not by Stratulat-Albulescu and, if so, request access to that data, as well as certain information regarding your personal data. Upon request, we will also issue a copy of your processed personal data. Requesting additional copies will be charged based on actual incurred costs;
- the right to rectify your personal data - you can request the rectification of inaccurate personal data and we can also fill in incomplete data, including by providing additional information;
- the right erasure of your personal data (the "right to be forgotten") - in situations expressly regulated by the law (especially in the case of consent withdrawal or if it is found that the processing of personal data was not legal), you can obtain the deletion of that personal data;
- the right data portability - you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller. This right applies only to personal data provided and only if the processing of personal data is accomplished by automated means and is legally based on either the execution of a contract or consent;
- the right to request the restriction of personal data processing - you may obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain situations specifically governed by law (especially if the accuracy of such data is contested for the period necessary to determine this inaccuracy, or in case the processing is illegal, and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead);
- the right to lodge a complaint - you can lodge complaint regarding the way your personal data is processed by Stratulat-Albulescu. The complaint will be filed with the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing ("ANSPDCP").
Furthermore, you have the right not to be subject to an automated individual decision - making process.
For exercising these rights please contact us in writing at no. 27 Ion Brezoianu St., ground floor and 6th floor, Bog’art Center, 1st District, Bucharest, Romania, or email us at email@example.com.
Stratulat – Albulescu is keen to take all necessary actions to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, loss, destruction or undesired alteration.
Even if we continuously implement and update our administrative, technical and physical security measures to ensure protection of your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of your information in the Internet environment at any time.
We will do our best to answer your request in the shortest possible time.
Date of last update: 18.12.2018