Ramona Iancu joined Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law as a specialist and widely experienced lawyer in Corporate Affairs, Mergers & Acquisitions, Commercial, Competition, Antitrust, and State Aid. Ramona takes a proactive approach and she has an in-depth knowledge of business affairs. Her areas of expertise cover primarily industry sectors such as Telecom & Media, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, and FMCG.
Ramona began her career at Vilau & Mitel Attorneys-at-Law. After several years of gaining experience in litigation and advice on Competition, Corporate, and M & A issues for a diverse array of clients, she moved to Popovici Nitu Stoica & Asociatii, one of the largest law firms in Romania. She advised several private equity funds, most of their investments in and exits from the Romanian market, including an instance of a merger control clearance component. She also provided day-to-day legal assistance to these investment companies.
Now, with more than ten years of experience, she has been a leaping career by joining a crew here at Stratulat Albulescu Attorneys at Law, which prides itself on her enthusiasm and desire to bring together a first-class array of legal talent.
English - French - English
2002 - 2006 University of Bucharest
Faculty of Law
2006 - 2007 Member of the Bucharest Bar and the Romanian Bar Association
• Coordinated the acquisition of the Romanian subsidiary of one of Europe's largest manufacturers of fasteners, based in Sweden in 2017, by a French-based industrial supplier of fixing and fastening solutions for the construction market;
• In 2016, advised the founding entrepreneur of one of the leading Romanian and Serbian water-solution providers about the re-purchase of the business by a Swedish private equity fund, including the merger control clearance of the deal;
• Assisted a tier-1 Romanian DYI retailer for the planned acquisition of one of the largest office buildings in Bucharest regarding merger control clearance from the Romanian Competition Council;
• Assisted and Swedish private equity fund for the acquisition of various businesses in Romania, including (i) manufacturers of concrete precast elements for road, electrical and water infrastructure, and for building commercial, logistic and production facilities; (ii) decorative paints and lacquers; and (iii) the main Romanian supplier and installer of IT solutions for the retail and food industry;
• Assisted with the sales, by a leading Romanian courier service provider of its logistics operations, to a top national courier service provider;
• Assisted with the sale of one of the top Romanian manufacturers of vegetable oils to a leading French manufacturer;
• Assistance during the acquisition, by one of the world's leading DIY retailers, of an Austrian DIY business in Romania regarding merger control clearance;
• Coordinated various internal group restructuring projects involving mergers by absorption in a time-sensitive manner, involving various industry sectors such as decorative paints and lacquers, home and office water and coffee solutions, etc .;
• Assistance on the acquisition by the largest private healthcare provider in Romania of a high-end dental center chain regarding merger control clearance.
Ramona has also been an active contributor to various legal publications, such as:
• Romania Corporate M & A 2017 chapter for the Chambers Global Practice Guide;
• Romania 2017 article in Global Legal Insights to Cartels 5th Edition;
• Romania 2016 contribution to Global Legal Insights - Merger Control - 5th Edition;
• The European Anti-Trust Review 2015 - a Global Competition Review Special Report - Romania 2015;
• 2013 European Antitrust Review, a Global Competition Review Special Report - contribution for Romania.
We acted on behalf of a local Romanian company with over 25 years presence on the IT solutions market in retail and food industry on the settlement of a dispute with an important employee. Also, we provided review and advice on the implementation of the employees’ handbook and the professional evaluation procedure, including proposed key performance indicators (KPIs) of the employees.
SAA assisted World Class Romania, the leader in the fitness industry in Romania, with the acquisition of a new fitness club. The new fitness club covers almost 1,300 sq. of aerobic, fitness and cycling studios, as well as functional training areas.
Our Firm has assisted World Class Romania from the outset of this project, and throughout the entire process, being actively involved in structuring the transaction and all its legal aspects.
We are currently providing day-to-day legal assistance services to the Etanco Group, an important industrial supplier of fixing and fastening solutions for the construction market, for its business activities in Romania on a wide range of matters, especially Corporate and Commercial, Regulatory and Compliance aspects.
Romanian Business Consult is the leading Romanian supplier and installer of IT solutions for the retail and food industry. We are currently providing day-to-day legal assistance in relation to various business activities of Romanian Business Consult which mainly cover the following areas of interest: Corporate, Commercial, Regulatory and Compliance, as well as on Employment aspects.
Our client, La Fantana, is one of the leading Romanian water-solutions and coffee suppliers for office consumption and HoReCa. We are currently providing day-to-day legal assistance in relation to virtually all business activities which mainly covers the following areas of interest: Corporate, Commercial, Regulatory and Compliance, as well as Intellectual Property and Employment aspects.
We provide day-to-day legal assistance on a wide range of corporate and commercial matters in relation to the business activities of Cordia companies in Romania. Our legal advice covers issues from corporate approvals of various real estate acquisitions, trade agreements, general trade register assistance, corporate changes such as equity capital increases by debt to equity swaps, to planned start-ups structuring etc.
Assisted EDS Romania, a member of the Euro-Druckservice Group, a leading printing service provider in Central and Eastern Europe, with the acquisition of the heat-set printing business as "a going concern" by Mega Press Holdings SA and Aramis Publishing SRL. As the parties involved in the transaction acted as two of the top market players in the heat-set printing industry in Romania, our Firm has been actively involved in structuring the transaction and got involved in obtaining the merger clearance.
Assisted World Class Romania, the leader in the fitness industry in Romania, with the acquisition of a new fitness club within the Titan Shopping Gallery in Bucharest. The new fitness club covers almost 3,000 sq. m. of aerobics, fitness and cycling studios, as well as functional training areas.
Our company assisted World Class Romania from the beginning of this project, with the structure of the transaction and then advising on all legal aspects of it.