Ramona is a widely experienced and specialised lawyer in a number of practice areas including corporate, M&A, commercial contracts, competition (in particular merger control), compliance, anti-competitive contractual provisions and market behaviour. Ramona is extremely proactive and has an in-depth knowledge of business affairs. Her primary areas of expertise cover industry sectors such as telecoms and media, healthcare and pharmaceuticals and retail and consumer goods.
Ramona began her career at Vilau & Mitel Attorneys-at-Law gaining experience in litigation and competition, corporate and M&A issues for a diverse range of clients. After several years, she moved to Popovici Nitu Stoica & Asociatii, one of the largest law firms in Romania, where she advised several private equity funds regarding most of their investments in, and exits from, the Romanian market, including one particular instance with a merger control clearance component. She also provided day-to-day legal assistance to these investment companies.
With more than ten years experience, Ramona then joined the team here at Stratulat Albulescu, which benefits hugely from her enthusiasm and desire to bring together a first-class line-up of legal talent.
Romanian - English - French
2006 - Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
• Coordinated the acquisition of the Romanian subsidiary of one of Europe's largest manufacturers of fasteners, based in Sweden in 2017, by a French-based industrial supplier of fixing and fastening solutions for the construction market;
• In 2016, advised the founding entrepreneur of one of the leading Romanian and Serbian water-solution providers about the re-purchase of the business by a Swedish private equity fund, including the merger control clearance of the deal;
• Assisted a tier-1 Romanian DYI retailer for the planned acquisition of one of the largest office buildings in Bucharest regarding merger control clearance from the Romanian Competition Council;
• Assisted and Swedish private equity fund for the acquisition of various businesses in Romania, including (i) manufacturers of concrete precast elements for road, electrical and water infrastructure, and for building commercial, logistic and production facilities; (ii) decorative paints and lacquers; and (iii) the main Romanian supplier and installer of IT solutions for the retail and food industry;
• Assisted with the sales, by a leading Romanian courier service provider of its logistics operations, to a top national courier service provider;
• Assisted with the sale of one of the top Romanian manufacturers of vegetable oils to a leading French manufacturer;
• Assistance during the acquisition, by one of the world's leading DIY retailers, of an Austrian DIY business in Romania regarding merger control clearance;
• Coordinated various internal group restructuring projects involving mergers by absorption in a time-sensitive manner, involving various industry sectors such as decorative paints and lacquers, home and office water and coffee solutions, etc .;
• Assistance on the acquisition by the largest private healthcare provider in Romania of a high-end dental center chain regarding merger control clearance.
Ramona has also been an active contributor to various legal publications, such as:
• Romania Corporate M & A 2017 chapter for the Chambers Global Practice Guide;
• Romania 2017 article in Global Legal Insights to Cartels 5th Edition;
• Romania 2016 contribution to Global Legal Insights - Merger Control - 5th Edition;
• The European Anti-Trust Review 2015 - a Global Competition Review Special Report - Romania 2015;
• 2013 European Antitrust Review, a Global Competition Review Special Report - contribution for Romania.
Advising a local Romanian company with over 25 years presence on the IT solutions market in retail and food industry on the settlement of a dispute with an important employee. Also, we provided review and advice on the implementation of the employees’ handbook and the professional evaluation procedure, including proposed key performance indicators (KPIs) of the employees.
Advising World Class Romania, the leader in the fitness industry in Romania, with the acquisition of a new fitness club. The new fitness club covers almost 1,300 sq.m. of aerobic, fitness and cycling studios, as well as functional training areas.
Our Firm has assisted World Class Romania from the outset of this project, and throughout the entire process, being actively involved in structuring the transaction and all its legal aspects.
Advising Etanco Group, an important industrial supplier of fixing and fastening solutions for the construction market, for its business activities in Romania on day-to-day legal assistance and also on a wide range of matters, especially Corporate and Commercial, Regulatory and Compliance aspects.
Advising Romanian Business Consult, the leading Romanian supplier and installer of IT solutions for the retail and food industry, on day-to-day legal assistance in relation to various business activities of the client which mainly cover the following areas of interest: Corporate, Commercial, Regulatory and Compliance, as well as on Employment aspects.
Advising La Fantana, one of the leading Romanian water-solutions and coffee suppliers for office consumption and HoReCa, on day-to-day legal matters in relation to virtually all business activities which mainly covers the following areas of interest: Corporate, Commercial, Regulatory and Compliance, as well as Intellectual Property and Employment aspects.
Advising Cordia companies on day-to-day legal assistance in connection with a wide range of corporate and commercial matters regarding the business activities of the companies in Romania. Our legal advice covers issues from corporate approvals of various real estate acquisitions, trade agreements, general trade register assistance, corporate changes such as equity capital increases by debt to equity swaps, to planned start-ups structuring etc.
Advising EDS Romania, a member of the Euro-Druckservice Group, a leading printing service provider in Central and Eastern Europe, with the acquisition of the heat-set printing business as "a going concern" by Mega Press Holdings SA and Aramis Publishing SRL. As the parties involved in the transaction acted as two of the top market players in the heat-set printing industry in Romania, our Firm has been actively involved in structuring the transaction and got involved in obtaining the merger clearance.
Advising World Class Romania, the leader in the fitness industry in Romania, with the acquisition of a new fitness club within the Titan Shopping Gallery in Bucharest. The new fitness club covers almost 3,000 sq. m. of aerobics, fitness and cycling studios, as well as functional training areas.
Our company assisted World Class Romania from the beginning of this project, with the structure of the transaction and then advising on all legal aspects of it.