The firm has a strong financial services practice with highly experienced and meticulous finance lawyers, which assures delivery of outstanding levels of service.
We provide highly specialised advice on complex projects to lenders, borrowers, insurers and fintech companies alike, and we help financial institutions navigate the intricate regulatory framework that governs the financial services sector in Romania.
Our lawyers have direct experience of the explosive surge in the Romanian loan market driven by the fast-growing real estate sector and have assisted clients through several challenging years. With a now stabilised and re-invigorated financial market firmly in place, we are excited to be involved in this sector and in many promising new deals.
We have extensive experience in dealing with local and multi-jurisdictional projects, on both sides of the table. Our lawyers have assisted lenders and borrowers in the financing of landmark residential, commercial and industrial developments and have dealt with complex issues on acquisition finance, working side by side with our dynamic M&A team. When, for some companies in the market, projects took an unfortunate turn, our lawyers were there to assist with the sale of large NPL portfolios and help our clients by bringing new life to previously failed projects.
Our team has an in depth understanding of financial issues. This underpins our outstanding ability to untangle complex regulatory matters, ensuring our clients’ are in full compliance with all the applicable legal and regulatory rules and requirements.
Our Relevant Experience
- We assisted one of the leading banks of Russia, VTB Bank, in relation to the financing of one of the largest chemical manufacturing companies in Romania, as part of a financing transaction in the amount of EUR 124 million. The financing was for the acquisition of several asset bundles from an important Romanian competitor in the chemical manufacturing sector.
- We assisted one of the leading service providers in the print services sector in Central and Eastern Europe, with respect to the refinancing of existing outstanding amounts, including interest, in relation to the credit facilities made available by a major Romanian credit institution to certain Romanian companies acting in the same print services sector.
- We assisted an important corporate and investment credit institution, established in France, regarding the negotiation and registration formalities of the security established by a legal entity, acting as a member of a group of companies representing world leaders, in the supply of piping equipment for liquid transport.
- We advised World Class Romania, the largest and leading operator of fitness clubs in Romania, in relation to credit facilities in the amount of EUR 4 million as part of the acquisition of another company operating in the same market.
- We advised a renowned Greek bank in relation to the restructuring and further enforcement of a more than EUR 50 million credit facilities granted to several real estate investors in Romania.
- We advised on matters of Romanian law in a multi-jurisdictional restructuring of more than EUR 200 million of debt of a Greek company.
- We carried out the due diligence for one of the largest Romanian banks aimed at identifying potential risks in relation to financing the acquisition of 200 apartments by a municipality.
- We have assisted several insurance and reinsurance intermediaries and insurance companies in respect of regulatory matters regarding the new legal provisions for the implementation of the insurance distribution regulations, under the IDD Directive, within the legal framework of Romanian insurance.