The firm has a strong financial services practice area, engaging highly experienced lawyers to assure the level of service that sophisticated clients in this field are accustomed to.
We provide highly specialized advice on complex projects to lenders and borrowers, to insurers and fintech companies alike, and we help financial institutions navigate the intricate regulatory framework that governs the financial services sector.
Our lawyers have experienced first hand the rapid growth of the Romanian loan market driven by the fast-growing real estate sector, assisted clients through a few difficult years and are now glad to get new, exciting deals, past the finish line in a reinvigorated market.
We are experienced in dealing with local or multi-jurisdictional projects, at both ends of the table – our lawyers have assisted lenders and borrowers in financing of landmark residential, commercial and industrial developments and dealt with the complex issues of acquisition finance hand in hand with our strong M&A team. When, for some players in the market, projects took an unfortunate turn, our lawyers have been there assisting the in the sale of large NPL portfolios and assisted clients in giving new live to failed projects.
We have a deep understanding of the financial services works and we use it to untangle complex regulatory matters to ensure our clients' full compliance with the applicable rules.
Our Relevant Experience
- Assisted one of the leading banks of Russia, VTB Bank, in the financing of one of the largest chemical manufacture companies in Romania, within a financing transaction in the aggregate amount of EUR 124 mil. for the acquisition of several asset bundles from an important Romanian competitor in the chemical manufacturing sector.
- Assisted one of the leading services providers in the print services sector in Central and Eastern Europe, with respect to the refinancing of certain existing outstanding amounts and the related interest in relation to the credit facilities made available by a major Romanian credit institution to certain relevant Romanian companies activating in the same print services sector.
- Assisted an important corporate and investment credit institution established in France, regarding the negotiation and the necessary registration formalities of the security established by a legal entity acting as a member of the group of companies representing the world leaders in the supply of piping equipment for liquid transport, having over 50 years’ experience in this industry sector.
- Advising World Class Romania, the largest operator of fitness clubs in Romania, in relation to EUR 4 million credit facilities, regarding the acquisition of another company operating in the same market.
- Advising a reputed Greek bank in relation to the restructuring and further enforcement of > EUR 50 million facilities granted, to several real estate investors in Romania.
- Advising on matters of Romanian law in a multi-jurisdictional restructuring of more than EUR 200 million debt of a Greek company.
Due diligence for one of largest Romanian banks aimed at identifying potential risks in relation to financing the acquisition by a municipality of 200 apartments.
- Assisted several insurance and / or reinsurance intermediaries and/or insurance companies in certain regulatory matters regarding the new legal provisions related to the implementation in the Romanian insurance legal framework of the insurance distribution regulations under the IDD Directive.