We have extensive experience in advising on all types of development from residential buildings, office buildings, shopping centres and business parks to leisure projects and industrial sites.
We provide advice and assistance to real estate investment and management funds, developers, banks and other financial institutions, as well as to real estate consultants and professionals in all aspects of their property-related activities.
We are widely recognised as the leading firm on leasing and build-to-suit lease agreements, our team being involved, amongst others, in the largest ever single tenant office lease in Romania.
We advise on all legal issues in relation to securing complicated development sites, framing joint venture structures or with financing and construction issues. We help all developments get a kick-start by simplifying the process of pre-leasing/ pre-selling the future premises to potential tenants or end buyers.
Our Relevant Experience
- We assisted the investment arm of the largest Romanian construction company, Bog’art, on the acquisition of a 5,500 sq.m. plot of land in the northern area of Bucharest with a view to further developing a high end residential project.
- We assisted Commons, a co-working start-up with two locations in Bucharest and one in London, with negotiating the lease of three premises to be used as co-working hubs in Bucharest, totalling a surface area of over 3,300 sq.m.
- We assisted Groupè Renault and Automobile Dacia on the largest ever single tenant build-to-suit office lease in Romania, over 39,000 sq. m
- We have assisted the largest and leading fitness group in Romania, World Class, on all leases of premises for their fitness clubs since 2008, being around 45 locations in Bucharest, Ploiesti, Pitesti, Cluj, Timisoara, Bacau, Constanta and Iasi.
- We assisted UPC Romania, the local subsidiary of Liberty Global, in relation to the lease of three floors totalling an area of approximately 6,000 sq.m. within a Class A building in order to consolidate all the client’s staff from existing offices elsewhere in Bucharest in one building.
- We assisted WebHelp Romania, a 35,000 people-strong global leader in business process outsourcing (BPO) and specialised in customer experience with 3 awards at the ABSL Gala 2018, in relation to the lease of an additional three floors totalling a surface area of over 1,500 sq.m. for expanding its office premises in Bucharest.
- We assisted Teads, a UK-based ad-tech company that creates outstream video advertising, on the lease of their new office premises, currently under construction in the Dorobanti area of Bucharest.
- We assisted British American Tobacco Romania on the lease of a 25,000 sq. m. multipurpose operating premises, including a fiscal warehouse, storage facilities, packaging facilities and office areas in Ploiesti West Park, the largest business development in South East Europe.
- We assisted in all legal matters for First Property Group PLC, an award winning property fund manager and investor with operations in the UK, Poland and Romania, in conjunction with a group of investors, on the acquisition of the MAESTRO BUSINESS CENTER Office Building located in Cluj - Napoca, Romania.
- We advised Futureal Management, one of the leading real estate developers and investors in Central Eastern Europe, in relation to the estimated EUR 3M Parcului project, centred on the acquisition of over 15,000 sq. m. located within District 1, Bucharest – one of the main residential areas in the city.