Telecom & Media
The ability to convey information quickly, accurately and efficiently has always been one of the main drivers of innovation and we understand and appreciate the key role communication plays in social and economic development. Our flexible and individualised approach to legal solutions for our clients comes from an in-depth understanding of their strategic goals and objectives.
Our Relevant Experience
- We assisted one of the largest financial institutions in Romania in a digital transformation project with a total value of over EUR 10M by structuring and negotiating the complex transaction in relation to the acquisition of software and related support and maintenance services.
- We advised the German group Wirecard on their EUR 40M acquisition of the Provus group of companies, Romania's leading payment processing and technological service provider.
- We advised Teads, a UK-based ad-tech company that creates outstream video advertising, on the acquisition of Brainient, one of the most successful Romanian start-ups that provides tools to create engaging and interactive video deliverable across a range of devices.
- We advised the founders of the tech start-up Froala, the creator of the successful web editor WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) on the sale of all their shares to the globally known US software company Idera, Inc.
- We were the main advisors in relation to the accelerator investment by GapMinder with SmartDreamers, a start-up company specialising in recruitment marketing automation software solutions. We also provide on-going assistance on all the investments by GapMinder into various innovative tech start-ups in Romania.
- We assisted UPC Romania, one of the largest internet, television and communications providers in Romania, and owned by the largest international cable company (Liberty Global), in a major potential M&A transaction.
- We provided legal assistance to Snap Inc. in matters related to data protection regarding advertising campaign regulations.
- We assisted UPC Romania in relation to the implementation of new media technology and related services.
- We provided regulatory and legal advice to World Class Romania in relation to the implementation of customer access to their health clubs by using specific technology, considering the sensitive data protection aspects related to the use of such technology.
- We provided assistance to Creative Media Developer, a maintenance provider of platforms and social networks, by drafting and negotiating specific software agreements as well as other related agreements for the implementation of a large electronic payment platform. The project also involved significant data protection aspects.
- We assisted Rogalski Damaschin Public Relations regarding various aspects of the company’s day-to-day activity, including: reviewing and negotiating agreements with clients and providers, providing specialised legal advice regarding the company’s relationship with the copyright collective management bodies and various other commercial, labour, competition and intellectual property issues.