Telecom & Media
The ability to convey information quickly, accurately, and efficiently has always been one of the main drivers of human innovation. We appreciate the key role communications play in social and economic development. Our flexible and individualized approach to providing legal solutions derives from an in-depth understanding of our client’s strategic goals and objectives.
Our Relevant Experience
- SAA assisted one of the largest financial institutions in Romania in a digital transformation project with a total value of over EUR 10M by structuring and negotiating the complex contractual base transaction in connection with the acquisition of software and related support and maintenance services.
- Advising the German group Wirecard on their 40M Euro acquisition of Provus group of companies, Romania's leading payment processing and technological service provider.
- Advising Teads, the inventor of native video advertising and the leading outstream video marketplace, on the acquisition of Brainient (a UK based adtech company that provides tools to create engaging and interactive video format), is also one of the most successful Romanian start-ups.
- Advising the founders of tech start-up Froala, the distributor of the successful web editor WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get), on their exit to US based software company Idera, Inc.
- Main advisor in relation to the accelerator investment performed by GapMinder with SmartDreamers, a start-up company specialized in Recruitment Marketing Automation software solution. Ongoing assistance on all the investments by GapMinder into various targets innovative tech start-ups in Romania.
- Assisting UPC Romania, one of the largest internet, television and communications providers in our country, and held by the largest international cable company (Liberty Global), in a major potential M&A transaction.
- Legal assistance to Snap Inc. in matters related to data protection in connection with advertising campaign regulations.
- Assisting UPC Romania in relation to the implementation of new media technology and related services.
- Providing to World Class Romania regulatory and other legal support in relation to the implementation of access within the health clubs by using specific technology, considering the sensitive data protection aspects related to the use of such technology.
- Assistance to Creative Media Developer, a maintenance provider of platforms and social networks, by drafting and negotiating specific software agreement as well as other related agreements for the implementation of a large electronic payment platform. The project involved also significant data protection aspects.
- Assisting Rogalski Damaschin Public Relations in relation to various aspects of the day-to-day company’s activity, including: reviewing and negotiating agreements with clients and providers, providing specialized legal advice regarding the company’s relationship with the copyright collective management bodies and various other commercial, labor, competition and intellectual property issues.