In 2011, Silviu founded our firm and has performed many roles within it from the very beginning. Boasting over 15 years of experience, he has in-depth knowledge and extensive expertise in mergers and acquisitions as well as real estate and, in addition to providing outstanding legal advice to our clients, he is also our Managing Partner, overseeing the firm’s growth from a small start-up to a significant presence within the Romanian legal scene, employing over 45 lawyers.
On the corporate and M&A side, Silviu advises and assists clients on a wide range of company and commercial transactions, including cross-border and domestic takeovers, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. He also acts for early stage and fast growing companies on all types of equity financing. Both Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners have recommended Silviu for M&A and venture capital work describing him as “proactive", “business oriented” and "innovative and hardworking".
Silviu also acts for investors, developers, lenders and occupiers and on deals involving the development and financing of real estate projects, joint ventures, real estate driven private/public partnerships, as well as town planning and other regulatory matters. His investment experience ranges from the disposal of shopping centres and office buildings to the acquisition of undeveloped landmark plots in central Bucharest. His insight into a developer's business was gained through working with large asset management and property funds such as AEW Europe, First Property Group, Futureal and the Reuben Brothers.
Chambers and Partners Global edition recently included Silviu amongst the recommended corporate/M&A lawyers in Romania, stating that „he deliveres high-quality results throughout the entire negotiation”. According to Chambers 2020, Silviu is “very attentive to the relation with the clients”.
Romanian - English - Italian - Spanish - French
2015 - PhD candidate at the Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest
"Trust under the Romanian Law", under Prof. V. Stoica, PhD
2008 - Master in Business Law (LL.M.)
Faculty of Law - University of Bucharest
2005 - Master in European Law and Policy
De Hagse Hogeschool
2005 - Bachelor of Economics (LL.B.)
Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest - Faculty of International Economic Relations
2004 - Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
Faculty of Law, "Nicolae Titulescu" University, Bucharest
- Advised gaming start-up Machinations.io on a 3.3 million USD Series A Financing.
- Advised Cyscale software developer on a 3M EUR Seed funding round.
- Advised Druid AI-driven on the USD 15 Million Series A Financing, the largest funding round in Romania to date in 2022.
- Advised Resource Partners on the sale of World Class, the undisputed leader of the fitness industry in Romania, to African Industries Group.
- Advised Metagame Studios and its shareholders on their exit towards global video game developer and publisher Fortis Games.
- Advised the online recruitment platoform Undelucram.ro on the 340,000 EUR Seed Funding Round, led by GapMinder and Seedblink.
- Advised Catalyst Romania Fund II on their participation as lead investor in the EUR 3M Series A funding round of SeedBlink.
- Advised Avira on the acquisition of the award-winning cybersecurity BullGuard.
- Advised ThoughtWorks on the acquisition of Romanian software developer Gemini Solutions.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on its investment in Druid AI-driven chatbots.
- Advised Motion Equity Partners on the Romanian component of its investment in Educastream.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on a follow on investment in Romanian self-improvement start-up Deepstash.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on its investment in Cartloop, an innovative eCommerce startup.
- Advised SIBS on the acquisition of Wirecard companies in Romania, namely Wirecard Romania (previously Provus Service Provider), Romcard and Supercard Solutions & Services.
- Advised Brillio on the acquisition of Cognetik, a data and insights company.
- Advised CODA Intelligence on an 800,000 EUR Seed Funding Round, led by Early Game Ventures and Roca X.
- Advised Beez on an 1.2 million EUR Seed Funding Round, led by GapMinder and Roca X.
- Advised Glory Global Solutions (International) Ltd on its investment in Acrelec Group SAS.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on its investment in the USD 7M Series A funding round of Typing DNA.
- Advised CalCon Group on the sale of the majority stake to Aareon.
- Advised Atlas Copco on the acquisition of the Scheugenpflug Group.
- Advised The Rohatyn Group (TRG) on the investment in Amethyst Radiotherapy Limited.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on the investment in Frisbo Efulfillment S.R.L.
- Advised Amphenol on the acquisition process of the Romanian subsidiaries of GJM.
- Advised Morphosis Capital on its investment with DocProcess S.R.L.
- Advised PitechPlus and its founder on the sale of the majority stake to Webhelp SAS.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on the EUR 650,000 investment in MEDIjobs.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on the EUR 600k investment in FintechOS.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on the investment in SmartDreamers.
- Advised GapMinder Venture Partners on the incorporation and structuring of the management company.
- Advised the leading global B2B hotel provider regarding a multijurisdictional acquisition of a major European online booking agency.
- Advised the founders of tech start-up Froala, the distributor of the successful web editor WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get), on their exit to US based software company Idera, Inc.
- Advised the German group Wirecard on their 40M Eur acquisition of Provus group of companies.
- Advised EDS Romania - part of Euro-Druckservice Group - on the acquisition of the heat-set printing business “as a going concern” of Mega Press Holdings SA.
- Advised Teads on the acquisition of Brainient.
- Advised Indotek Group on the acquisition of One Victoriei Center office building.
- Advised Element Industrial on the lease of 16,000 sq.m. of warehouse premises in Eli Park 3 to FERRO Romania.
- Advised Corporate Finance House Group on the acquisition of the Day Tower building, one of the largest office buildings in Bucharest, extending over 19,000 sq.m. and with an 11,753 sq.m. gross leasable area.
- Advised Cordia International Hungary – part of Futureal Group Hungary – on the acquisition of two large plots of land located on the shores of Grivita Lake in Northern Bucharest.
- Advised Cordia Parcului, a local subsidiary of Cordia International Hungary - part of Futureal Group Hungary - on the development of the first smart home concept residential project in Bucharest.
- Advised Groupè Renault and Automobile Dacia on the largest ever single tenant office lease in Romania (over 39,000 sq.m.– 390,000 sq.ft.), as well as on a built-to-suit lease arrangement over an 8,000 sq.m. building.
- Advised UPC Romania, the local subsidiary of Liberty Global on the lease of three floors totaling an area totaling approximately 6,000 sq. within a Class A building.
- Currently advising Hervis Sports & Fashion in relation to all of their real estate matters, including drafting, revising and negotiating leases and dealing with day-to-day legal issues arising from our client’s relationship with its landlords.
- Currently advising ERP Targu Mures, currently owned by the Hungarian Indotek Group, on all legal matters related to Promenada Shopping Center in Targu Mures.
- Currently advising Scallier Investment on acquisition of several plots of land, including one of approx. 1.2 ha in Otopeni for the development of a local shopping center.
- Advised Mr. Ionut Negoita on the acquisition of a land plot totaling over 10 ha, located in the East of Bucharest.
- Advised London Partners on the acquisition of a plot with an approximate area of 29,000 sq.m., located in the Expozitiei Area.
- Advised First Property Group on the acquisition of the MAESTRO BUSINESS CENTER Office Building located in Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- Advised Belvedere Residences UTR3, a local vehicle of London Partners in relation to a multi-phase residential project developed in one of the fastest growing areas of Northern Bucharest.
- Advised World Class Romania on the continuous expansion, by entering into new lease relationships or taking over existing ones – the firm having assisted on all legal matters in relation to all their existing centers, of which a large number having been real estate related.
- Advised World Class Romania on the acquisition of Planet Swim & Gym.
- Advised World Class Romania on the acquisition of a new fitness club that covers almost 1,300 sq.m. of aerobic, fitness and cycling studios, as well as functional training areas.
- Advised First Property Group on the lease of an 8,575 sq.m. warehouse in Tureni, Romania to Teconnex.
- Currently advising all three vehicles of Catinvest on the lease agreements concluded with various tenants in relation to premises within major shopping centres managed by CEGIS, located in Bucharest (Orhideea and Esplanada) and Constanta (Tomis Mall).
- Advised British American Tobacco on several leases, including with the lease of a multipurpose operating premise totaling 3,000 sq.m. in a Business Park located in Bacau, as well as on the lease of a 25,000 sq.m. multipurpose operating premise, in Ploiesti West Park.
- Advised Bog’Art Residential on the acquisition of 2 land plots located in the North of Bucharest.
- Advised Bourbon Black Sea on the lease of 800 sq.m. in Pipera Business Tower, a class A office building located on 6E Dimitrie Pompeiu Boulevard.
- Advised World Class Romania on the opening of a new health and fitness club in Expo Business Park, an office development located in the booming area located in the North of Bucharest generally referred to as Expozitiei.