Ştefania’s practice encompasses a broad range of litigation matters, including strategic advice for the avoidance of disputes in the following areas: real estate (including claims for the recovery of nationalised and expropriated property), restoration of property rights, nullification of deeds and actions for the recovery of possession, including the drafting of complaints before the European Court of Human Rights.
With more than 12 years expertise and experience, Ștefania has also coordinated complex projects involving insolvency, debt recovery, banking and finance law and commercial litigation matters.
She holds both a Bachelor of Law from the University of Bucharest and a Bachelor of Law from the Université Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne in community law and French law. Ștefania also holds a Masters degree in international business law from the Franco-Romanian Law College.
Romanian - French - English
2007-2008 - Master in Business Law, Franco-Romanian Law College European Studies
University Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne
2002- 2006 - Bachelor of Law (LL.B.)
University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law
2002- 2005 - Bachelor of Law (LL.B.)
University of Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne - Franco-Romanian Law College European Studies
- Providing legal assistance to principal Romanian multinational and local companies concerning all types of litigation.
- Coordinating complex real estate disputes, such as a 600 case file litigation project regarding the cancellation of property titles issued under Romanian Law 1/2000.
- Providing legal assistance to the principal Romanian banking institutions regarding all types of banking litigation, including disputes concerning credit agreements and warranties.
- Assisting companies in civil disputes, contractual disputes, debt recovery disputes, actions for claims/damages, finding void deeds, appeals for execution, applications for the suspension of enforcement proceedings, enforcement applications, actions for claims, prior complaint actions, actions for the annulment of administrative deeds and actions regarding unfair terms.
- Handling various real estate disputes, including restitution actions of nationalised and expropriated property rights, void acts, actions for the acquisition of ownership by adverse possession, actions for damages brought under law no. 10/2001, actions for the demolition of buildings under law 50/1991, actions for correction of the land registry and actions for the annulment of cadastral documentation.
- Filing successful complaints with the European Court of Human Rights, for example the most recent complaint resulted in compensation of EUR 750k payable to our client due to the violation of the right to property.
- Drafting the wording for applications for the initiation of proceedings against debtors, the registration of claims in the creditors’ table and representing creditors in relevant meetings and voting accordingly.